Updated November 17, 2020
Dear Heather Heights Friends/Family Members,
Visitation at our facility is permitted by the NYS Department of Health. The NYS Department of Health’s most recent guidelines outline that a facility is eligible for visitation only if a facility does not have any new reported staff or resident positive COVID-19 cases in a 14-day period.
Please be advised: This visitation plan is subject to change, Suspension or cancellation at any time may occur by the NYS Department of Health or Heather Heights, Inc. Failure of a visitor or resident to comply with visitation requirements or the directives of the facility staff may result in termination of the visit and suspension of future visits.
Below are the guidelines for visiting the community. These will be revisited periodically, as we continue to gain guidance from the New York State Department of Health.
- No visitors under the age of 18 permitted.
- Visits will be limited to 30 minutes. This will give us adequate time to disinfect between visitors.
- We will have appointment times from 9AM-2:00pm, 7 days a week.
- Appointment must be made through Sign-Up Genius or by calling the front desk at 585-264-1600.
- If the visitor(s) does not feel well, please call to reschedule your visit.
- Visitations will take place in a designated outside and is subject to change dependent on weather condition
- Sign up Genius is the preferred method of appointments.
- Search by creator firstname.lastname@example.org
- Appointments must be made online and cannot be scheduled with the receptionist for same day appointments.
- At this time, only one visitor per resident will be permitted at a time.
- Each visitor will be required to complete a health screening checklist upon arrival and have his/her temperature taken by facility staff. (Please find attached a sample screen form you can expect to fill out upon arrival)
- Proper facial coverings must be worn by visitors and residents.
- During the entire length of the visit the resident will have to be at minimum 6 feet away from the visitors (there cannot be any physical contact).
- Resident must be outside of their first 14 days of living at Heather Heights.
- No animals are permitted at this time.
- Tangible items may not be exchanged during visitation.
Steps upon arrival
- When you arrive at Heather Heights please proceed to our main lobby with your mask on to be screened.
- Screening will include a questionnaire, non-touch forehead temperature check, and hand sanitation.
- Once screening is completed, our receptionist will grant you access to the visiting area.
At the conclusion of the 30-minute visit facility staff will escort the resident back into the building.
Unfortunately, we cannot allow visitors into restrooms within the facility. The goal is to allow residents to visit loved ones, but the safety of each resident remains our primary concern. In many cases, it may still be the best choice to continue with virtual visits as it may be confusing for residents as to why you must stay so far apart and wear masks. Please reach out to our Administrator or Nursing staff if you’d like to discuss the best option for your loved on in this regard.
If you have any questions prior to your visit, please feel free to reach out for clarification. Thank you for your patience during this time. I’m looking forward to the day we will be able to eliminate restrictions.
To schedule a virtual visit with your loved one please contact our Recreation Director Susan Thomas-Payne at email@example.com or call 585-264-1600.